This procedure should work with most of the recent MTK6589 phones. It is based on the motochopper exploit. If it works for you, please post your device make and model here.
First, you must install USB driver for your phone if not already installed. A guide on how to install USB drivers and driver files can be found here:
How to install MT/MTK 65xx USB driver on Windows 7
When the Android driver is properly installed, the Device Manager dialog on your computer should look like this when your Android phone connected:
- Dowload the attached rooting package
mt6589_rooting_pkg.zip (Size: 2.29 MB )
- Extract contents of rooting package into a folder
- Enable usb debugging on your phone from Settings > Developer options
- Open extracted rooting package in Windows Explorer and right click
on the folder name while pressing shift button and select "Open command
window here". Alternatively, you can double click the run.bat in Windows
- Type run or run.bat to run the batch file
- Press enter
- Connect your phone if not already connected
- Batch script will push the exploit into your phone and install superuser.
- When the process completes, press enter and reboot the phone.